Saturday, February 21, 2009

Introducing 'The Media Biz'

Introducing "The Media Biz," a new blog by Jeff Klein, an experienced newspaper, B2B and web publisher whose reputation and background demand attention.

When I left the Los Angeles Times in late 1998 to start a new magazine and internet publishing company, I never imagined how bad it could get at my long time employer. I had spent 15 rewarding years at the paper in a variety of legal and management positions. I knew the Times was caught in a time warp, refusing to recognize the real and serious threat of the internet. I knew it was a slow-moving aircraft carrier where committees and departmental fiefdoms slowed down decision making. I knew it was arrogant and didn’t care enough about the changing reading and buying habits of its readers. But I never expected it would be part of a company filing for bankruptcy. [Click for MORE] Sphere: Related Content

No comments: